Photo: Matt Hagan, 2-Time Funny Car World Champion. Photo Credit: Twitter/Matt Hagan
Tickets On Sale Now to Hear Industry Experts, Farmers, Exhibitors, Innovative Brands & Investors Discuss the Economic Power of Hemp
FRANKLIN, TN (August 14, 2019) – Two-time Funny Car World Champion turned hemp farmer, Matt Hagan, will take the stage for a keynote address at the 2nd Annual Southern Hemp Expo (SHE) at the Williamson County Ag Expo Park in Franklin, TN, on Sept. 6-7, 2019. Hagan, who is scheduled to speak on Saturday, September 7th during the Expo, will share a personal account on how he combines his two passions – from the race track to the field.
Hagan will join more than 60 experts and leaders in the hemp industry and will speak on the “Let’s Talk Hemp” stage during the Expo – a gathering that unites more than 5,000 industry experts, innovative brands, farmers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers. The SHE event is a robust and program-rich show specifically designed for the rapidly growing industrial, nutritional and therapeutic hemp industry.
- Bob Hoban, Hoban Law Group: Bob Hoban is the President and Founder of Hoban Law Group, the nation’s premier full service ‘cannabusiness’ law firm, with offices in 13 states across the country. Through Bob’s legal counsel and policy efforts, he has won landmark cases that have ultimately shaped the creation and growth of the CBD industry.
- Janel Ralph, Palmetto Harmony: Janel has been a parent advocate for CBD and hemp-based products after her youngest daughter was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition that was untreatable by modern medicine. Janel is the founder and CEO of Palmetto Synergistic Research, the CEO of Palmetto Harmony and the Executive Director of Compassionate South Carolina, plus a founder of American Hemp Seed.
- Matt Hagan, Two-Time World Champion Funny Car Driver & Hemp Farmer: Race car driver, outdoorsman entrepreneur, and now hemp-farmer, Matt Hagan operates a 100-acre plot of cannabis near his 2,000 acre cattle farm in rural Virginia. Hagan who has been racing cars for almost half his life is trying his green thumb in raising hemp.
- Colleen Keahey Lanier, Hemp Industries Association: Colleen was instrumental in coordinating the first state chapter of the Hemp Industries Association in Tennessee in 2013. In 2017, she relocated to Arizona and now serves as the Executive Director of the Hemp Industries Association.
- Dani Billings, Nature’s Root & Colorado Hemp Project: Dani has been sharing her business expertise and farming experiences since 2014, the year she started Nature’s Root, an all organic, hemp-based body care company that specializes in therapeutics and nutritional food. In addition, Nature’s Root is the first hemp-based spa in the world.
- Doug Fine, Author & Hemp Farmer: Doug is a nationally known cannabis activist and advocate, regenerative hemp farmer, researcher and bestselling author of HempBound. In addition, Doug is an award-winning culture and climate correspondent and regular on National Public Radio.
- Franny Tacy, Franny’s Farm: As the first female hemp farmer in North Carolina, Franny Tacy has created a “Hempire” and has been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more! Franny tells her story from seed to shelf and is a sought after national speaker and panelist.
- Sean Murphy, Hemp Business Journal & New Frontier Data: Sean is the Founder and Publisher of the Hemp Business Journal, the hemp industry’s premier publication of big data and market intelligence.
This year’s Southern Hemp Expo features a business conference; farm symposium; and industry day with a business-to-business expo hall on Friday, September 6. The general public is then invited to attend on Saturday, September 7, with nearly 150 exhibitors, workshops and demonstrations. Attendees will receive up-to-date information about federal and state legislation and regulations, current trends in CBD and hemp supplements; the latest developments in processing, technology and innovation; certification, market research, compliance and lab testing; breeding, genetics, seeds and clones, and more.
“The Southern Hemp Expo is a unique gathering on a national scale that unites business leaders, entrepreneurs and consumers with experts who share common ground for the burgeoning hemp industry,” explains Colorado Hemp Company co-founder Morris Beegle, producer of NoCo Hemp and SHE. “The addition of race car champion Matt Hagan adds additional diversity and proves the popularity of hemp-derived products will only continue to grow across the country. SHE provides an excellent access point for emerging businesses looking to break into the hemp world – from farming to manufacturing.”
Sponsors at Southern Hemp Expo (SHE)
SHE sponsors include Presenting Sponsor Blühen Botanicals, a leading producer of premium hemp extracts based in Knoxville, TN. Other Sponsors include GenCanna, LabCanna, Restorative Botanicals, Extract Labs, ProVerde Laboratories, Myco Sativa, Key to Life and more.
Tickets and Press Passes Available Now
About the Southern Hemp Expo
The Southern Hemp Expo is produced by the Colorado Hemp Company, a division of WAFBA LLC (We Are For Better Alternatives), based in Loveland, CO, and producer of NoCo Hemp Expo, the world’s largest and most comprehensive trade show and conference for industrial hemp. WAFBA is founder of TreeFreeHemp paper and printing services and the Colorado Hemp Company. Areas of focus include product and brand development, event production, consulting and advocacy. Learn more at SouthernHempExpo.com, and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Steven Hoffman, Compass Natural, 303.807.1042, email@example.com
Morris Beegle, Colorado Hemp Company, 970.541.0448, firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #